There's still 4 days left to enter our Political Viz Contest and a chance for a trip to come to the Tableau Customer Conference in San Diego! You'll also get the opportunity to participate in the Iron Viz contest with our other contest winners, which will undoubtedly be one of the most exciting and entertaining sessions of the conference.
If you weren't able to make our office hours this morning, never fear! There's plenty of useful resources out there to help you make a winning contest entry. Here are some tips, and some media resources to go along with them.
- See how some of our past winners made their viz (like Ben Jones from the sports contest, here).
- Make sure your data is formatted correctly. This will help you build the best dashboard story with Tableau (learn more about general formatting and columns vs. rows)
- Use a dashboard (see what you can do with dashboards here)
- Spice up the presentation. While we all like a beautiful dashboard, it's more important to have your analytical story jump out. Sometimes that means focusing on the design so that readers understand the story quickly and clearly. See more about that concept here.
- Lastly, and probably most important, make sure your analytical story is clear. What do you want your audience to learn after seeing and interacting with your dashboard?
Good luck! We're looking forward to seeing everyone's entry.