We are less than a week away from the ultimate viz showdown—Iron Viz 2020. This year's finalists, Alex Jones, Christian Felix, and Simon Beaumont, rose to the top from hundreds of incredible health and wellness data submissions—over 370 to be exact and an Iron Viz record. Now the three of them are on their way to Tableau Conference-ish where they'll battle it out for glory as well as thousands of dollars in prize money for themselves and the charity of their choice.
How can I watch it?
It all happens virtually on day two of the Conference, and thousands of data enthusiasts from all over the world will be tuning in. Check the schedule, so you don't miss a minute of the action.
- Oct 7 @ 11:30a PDT (Live with voting)
- Oct 8 @ 11:30a SGT (Oct 7 @ 8:30p PDT)—Rebroadcast
- Oct 8 @ 11:30a BST (Oct 8 @ 3:30a PDT)—Rebroadcast
The stakes are high, and we've done everything we can to ensure the competitors have a fair playing field and feel at home, which is precisely where they will be working from—home. Tableau provided each of them with the same setup—laptop computers, hardwired internet connection, so they have the same speed, etc.
What is the judging criteria?
Judging is based on three areas: analysis, design, and storytelling. During the live broadcast, each finalist will have 20 minutes to build their visualizations and can earn a potential total of 100 points. Our judges will allocate 90 of those points, and the last ten points are up to you. The individual with the highest number of points will be crowned the winner. Be sure to cast your vote for your favorite viz—text to vote numbers will be announced when the voting window opens during the live event.* Visit tableau.com/iron-viz for more details and check out the official rules.
How can I join the fun?
- Watch our All About Iron Viz webinar series and this 4 minute TC20 Know Before You Go presentation.
- Can't wait for the live broadcast? We know you are on the edge of your seat with excitement. Download your Iron Viz Supporter Kit and let the games begin.
- Get social! Show your support for the contestants, tell us what you're most excited about, and who you're rooting for throughout the contest using #IronViz on Twitter.
Buckle up. It's going to be another viz-tastic ride.
*Note: Anyone can log in at any time to watch any broadcast. To add the first showing of Iron Viz to your watch list and participate in live voting:
- Log in to the event portal
- Navigate to “What to Watch”
- Select “Americas” in the regional filter
- Find Iron Viz.
- Add to your watch list