If you're a Tableau Public author at the Tableau Conference in Seattle this week, there's good news! There are many ways to get involved and connect with fellow enthusiasts at #DATA14:
1. The Tableau Public focus group
Join us for breakfast on Tuesday morning from 7-8am in the Columbia Room at the Sheraton Hotel and share your thoughts about how we can improve our free offering going forward.
2. Sessions by amazing Tableau Public authors
Tableau Public authors are among the most talented, interesting and helpful people in the Tableau community, and that's saying something. Here are a handful of the sessions in which you can hear them drop their words of wisdom this week:
TUESDAY, SEPT 9th:
- 11:15am - 12:15pm: Extreme Viz Makeover with Jock Mackinlay, Kate Hotler and Public's own Tara Walker. Location 6C
- 11:15am - 12:15pm: First Timer's Field Guide to the Tableau Conference with Public authors and Viz of the Day winners Matt Francis and Emily Kund. Location 306
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Visualizing Survey Data Using Tableau with the first Iron Viz winner Steve Wexler. Location 307-308
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm: Zen Master Tips & Tricks Panel with Mark Jackson, Kelly Martin, and Craig Bloodworth. Location 6B
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Data-Driven Storytelling: Tips from an Iron Viz Champion by Ryan Sleeper, top Tableau Public author and contest winner. Location 307-308
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 10th:
- 10:45pm - 11:45am: Facebook Jeopardy: Hack Edition with one of the first Tableau Public bloggers Andy Kriebel, and his colleage at Facebook Bryan Brandow, an expert in multiple BI tools. Location 6A
- 10:45pm - 11:45am: Making a Viz that Stops Traffic, with Tableau Public legend Anya A'Hearn and talented newcomers Paul Banoub and Dan Montgomery. Location 6C
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Porn, Pokemon & Pop Culture: Using Data That Doesn't Suck with Public's own Jewel Loree and mainstays Andy Kriebel and Peter Gilks. Location 6C
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Pimp My Viz by the one and only Jewel Loree. Location 618-620
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Rapid Fire Tips & Tricks - Secrets & Shortcuts Edition with new Tableau Public team members Tara Walker and Andrew Cheung. Location 6C
THURSDAY, SEPT 10th
- 10:45pm - 11:45am: Iron Viz Championship featuring three contestants that have won Tableau Public feed-in contests this year - John Mathis, Jeffrey Shaffer and Jonathan Trajkovic. Location 6C
- 10:45pm - 11:45am: 100 Years of Visualization Best Practices - It's Time to Stop Making the Same Mistakes by Tableau's own Andy Cotgreave, one of the very first active Tableau Public authors. Location 6B
3. Fanaltycs Workshop
In case you still haven't gotten your fill after the last keynote, come by Room 3A&B at the WSCC right on Thursday from 4pm to 7:15pm to further feed your passion for data. This session requires registration, and a few spots remain at the time of writing this blog post, so sign up now before word gets around and the event fills up!
Looking forward to seeing you at #DATA14!
The Tableau Public Team