NIC Face-off | Data Analytics - Showing Insights and Telling Data-Driven Stories
The 2016 NIC Face-off | Data Analytics competition is a chance for your team to tell data-driven stories.
Form a group of 3 from the same school and go on your data journey and find interesting insights. Judges will shortlist 10 entries based on design, storytelling, and practicality and good data insights and these 10 entries will have a chance to showcase their work at the iDA's Infocomm Media Youth Fest 2016 event where the top 3 entries in each category will be announced. Remember to read the official rules before starting.
You will find the results of the NIC Face-off Competition here!
Go see who are the winners in each category!
The Big Prize
- 1st prize for team - $5K worth of prizes and vouchers
- 2nd prize for team - $3K worth of prizes and vouchers
- 3rd prize for team - $1.5K worth of prizes and vouchers
Merit awards for the other shortlisted entries
- $300 worth of prizes
- People’s Choice Award: Most “Liked” Team (from public voting) - $600 worth of prizes
- Most Original Insights Award - $600 worth of prizes
- 15 August 2016 - Submission deadline for all entries
- 31 August 2016 - 10 shortlisted entries notified with feedback from judges
- 30 September 2016 - Shortlisted entries must be re-submitted for final judging
- iDA's Infocomm Media Youth Fest - Shortlist entries will be showcased and winners announced!
Optional: Schools to register their students by 17 June for one of the hands-on workshops scheduled for either 22 or 23 June - register for one here.
Get Tableau Public & Sign up to a Training Workshop
Only vizzes published on Tableau Public will be considered valid entries for the contest.
Sign up here to lean how to use Tableau at one of our Training Workshops.
Need more resources? Check out Tableau Public's resources page.
- In Collaboration with
Stuff You'll need
Data: Choose a data set that align to one of the three themes (or use one of ours):
Find more out about the themes, see our tips for success, and find our data sets here
You can use one of our data sets, or one of your own. If you use one of your own data sets please ensure it's from a reliable, publicly available source, and should be clearly acknowledged in the submission form.
Viz: Make it awesome!
Submit Your Viz
After you’ve completed
the first two steps, submit by
filling out the Form.
Note: there will be two different categories of the competition – Secondary School Category and Junior College Category
- Supporting Partner