Tableau Public is an amazing tool- once you have your data. Oftentimes, it can be a struggle to find data and a complete bear to clean it.
Luckily, it doesn't have to be! There are numerous tools and tricks available to Public users that can take a lengthy and painful exercise and turn it into fun exploration.
Join us on February 3rd at noon for a comprehensive webinar devoted to these issues. Topics will include:
- A dozen great sources for online data
- Compiling data from disparate sources
- Use that API!
- Finding metadata (data about your data)
- De-limiting and using HTML tables
- Text to columns
- Concatenate: Separating data without delimiters
- Find and replace, simple and effective
- Using XML data sources
- Tableau Pivot tool (Turning columns into rows)
- In Tableau: Grouping and filtering
- In Tableau: Re-aliasing
- In Tableau: Data integration: the easy answer for metadata
As you can see, there is something for everyone, from novices to the most seasoned veteran. Come join us!