It’s mapping month! With the new and improved maps in 8.2, it seemed like the perfect time to have mapping month! We have rebuilt the maps from scratch in-house to now include a much faster and better experience. We will have a wide range of content this month... from how-to/tutorials to guest blog posts.
- Be sure to check out our Viz of the Day page, as many of the vizzes we highlight will contain maps.
- Destination Data: With TC14 right around the corner, we'll be featuring many vizzes about our hometown of Seattle–which also happens to be the location of TC14.
- Keep your eyes out for a post from Jewel Loree about map styles and formatting options.
- Andrew Cheung will bring us more information about blending data using custom shape files.
- A lot of amazing work on maps has been done in the community, such as posts about different WMS servers and geo-coding data. We'll re-highlight some of these posts such as this custom mapping mayhem post from Anya A'Hearn, Craig Bloodworth and Allan Walker. In fact, we'll have a few guest posts from some well known Tableau mappers.
If you see an awesome Tableau map, tell us about it by using #MappingMonth Tweet this! Who knows, we may highlight the map as viz of the day or in one of our #MappingMonth round-up blog posts! If you have an idea or suggestion for a mapping month blog post, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to become involved in the community by attending local meetup group like OpenStreetMap's 10th Anniversary Event.
I personally love traveling and exploring... so naturally I love making maps in Tableau! Check out the following viz that I made about Seattle coffee shops.