It’s that time of the year: Iron Viz season is about to kick off! In a number of feeders and on-stage finals, Tableau enthusiasts from around the world get the chance to show off their data viz skills.
Based on feedback from the community*, we decided to announce all dates for all feeder competitions this year ahead of time. So get out your calendars, pencil those dates in, and practice your Tableau skills! You will also notice that for each of the feeders we are giving you a bit more time to work on your vizzes - approximately four weeks instead of two.
This year, the Iron Viz Europe feeder will be the first round. It is open to contestants from a number of European countries, and the authors of the top three vizzes will go to the big final at Tableau Conference Europe. After that, we will run the feeders for the global edition of Iron Viz in fairly rapid succession. The winners from each of those three contests will join us in New Orleans for Tableau Conference, where they will battle it out on the big stage.
The theme for Iron Viz Europe has been announced, but we would be keen to hear your ideas on themes for the other feeder contests. Do let us know your thoughts using the Twitter hashtag #IronVizTheme, or via this form.
And here are the dates:
Iron Viz Europe
- 9 March 2018 - Feeder opens for submission and announcement of theme
- 1 April 2018 (11:59pm BST) - Feeder closes
- 3-5 July 2018 - at TC Europe, in London
Iron Viz Global
- 16 April 2018 - Feeder opens for submission and announcement of theme
- 13 May 2018 (11:59pm PST) - Feeder closes
- 15 June 2018 - Feeder opens for submission and announcement of theme
- 15 July 2018 (11:59pm PST) - Feeder closes
- 1 August 2018 - Feeder opens for submission and announcement of theme
- 28 August 2018 (11:59pm PST) - Feeder closes
- 22-25 October 2018 - at Tableau Conference, in New Orleans
We hope to see all of your great vizzes among the submissions. Good luck!
* See here for more details on the community survey and what we took away from it.