Black History Month is off to a great start in the online data community! We’ve joined forces with the folks at data.world, along with Andy Kriebel and Eva Murray’s #MakeoverMonday, Cole Knaflic’s #SWDChallenge, Chloe’s Tseng’s Viz for Social Good, and the Data for Democracy team to engage the data skills and creativity of people all over the world to celebrate the theme of black history during the month of February.
The focus in the first week was Arts, Entertainment and Sports, and Andy & Eva issued a challenge to Makeover Monday participants to visualize demographics in Major League Baseball. Dozens took the challenge, and you can check out some of their amazing submissions below. Pamela Germain even won Viz of the Day with her submission.
Pamela Germain's Baseball Demographics 1947-2016
In the second week, the theme is Education, and Cole Knaflic is encouraging #SWDChallenge participants to use color and words effectively to create and share a visualization on this topic by February 13th. More info in the link below!
Black History Month, Week 2: Education
Take the #SWDChallenge
Without further ado, let’s take a look back at some of the great work created by Tableau Public authors who responded to the #MakeoverMonday challenge:
- Yasinov Sergey: MLB
- Nurul Shi: Makeover Monday - 2018 Week 6
- Pamela Germain: Makeover Monday 2018 Week 6 - Baseball Demographics 1947-2016
- Mike Cisneros: Ethnicity in North American Major League Sport
- Erika Lozada: MoM 2018W6
- Eva Murray: Integration in Major League Baseball #BlackHistoryMonth
- Suraj Shah: #MakeoverMonday2018W06: Comparing Player Impact to Player Share in MLB
- Jack Sandom: Makeover Monday 2018 Week 6
- Mark Jurries II: MakeoverMonday 2018 Week 6
- Susan Glass: MLB Player Demographics
- Yoshihito Kimura: #Make Over Monday6 African American baseball players have consisitently contributed to win.
- Charlie Hutcheson: MMBaseballEthnicity
- Ann Jackson: #MakeoverMonday Week 6 | Baseball Demographics
Ann Jackson's Baseball Demographics
Thanks to everyone for all the enthusiastic participation so far this month. We’re excited about what you’ll create on this topic going forward!